c. 2011 San Diego Real Estate Law
Small Claims Court

Who should file in Small Claims Court?

Small claims is for monetary disputes that involve money
lost for which you are willing to accept a maximum
compensation of $10,000.00 as of January 1, 2012.  
Code of Civil Procedure Sec. 116.221.  Businesses may sue
for up to $5,000.00.  

Small claims forms may be found

What about Attorneys?
Attorneys are not allowed to represent parties in small claims
court. However, attorneys are allowed and often hired to
represent parties in a small claims appeal.

Small Claims Appeal

What are my rights to appeal a small claims decision?

If you disagree with the decision made by a small claims
court judge you may appeal for a review of his/her decision.  
This time you may and probably should
hire an attorney to
represent you.  Our firm represents parties in proceedings
for a small claims appeal.  
California Small Claims